Not only do Carmel's students consistently achieve excellent results year on year but the progress students make after their GCSEs is what makes Carmel stand out from other Sixth Form Colleges. The A Level Performance System (ALPS) which measures student progress over 3 years has ranked Carmel 1ST IN THE COUNTRY against other excellent colleges which is a fantastic achievement!
2016's exam results confirm Carmel as:
- One of the TOP 10 Sixth Form Colleges in the country for A*-B grades*
- The best performing college in Merseyside and Cheshire*
- The top A Level provider in St Helens*
Congratulations to all our students and their teachers!
The support available at Carmel is second to none. We provide each and every one of our students with the guidance and encouragement they need to be successful. We offer support for all ability levels including a comprehensive Gifted & Talented Programme to challenge the most able students.
- We were awarded the Matrix quality standard for information, advice and guidance services
- In 2016, another 8 students are off to Oxford and Cambridge, with 12 going in 2015.
At Carmel there's a huge range of subjects to choose from including over 40 different A Level/Level3 courses! Teachers here are passionate about working with young people and are real experts in their subjects.
- The quality of teaching at Carmel has been judged to be in the top 10% of colleges nationally.**
Carmel's Enrichment & Skills Programme enables students to take part in activities that will complement their subjects or support their career aspirations. There are lots of opportunities to get involved and develop additional skills that are sought after by employers and universities.
- A wide range of options are available including Duke of Edinburgh, Tomorrow's Teachers, MedSoc, HSK Mandarin, Work Experience, Sports Teams and much more!
An investment of over £23m in new technology-rich facilities has transformed Carmel's campus into a truly outstanding place of learning.
- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled
- Resources and equipment allow students to make the most of their time here, both in their studies and their personal development
*The Times % A*-B grades 19/08/16