At Carmel we are keen that all of our students reach their full potential. Our High Achievers' Programme is designed to ensure that our most able learners are given the encouragement and assistance they need to achieve success.
Delivered by the High Achievers' Co-ordinators, who are specialists in their areas, the Programme offers activities, events and support throughout your time at Carmel. These activities provide you with the best possible preparation for applying to Oxbridge and other prestigious institutions, as well as for Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and other highly competitive degree courses.
Students following the High Achievers' Programme will receive support through:
• Talks, workshops and events
• Visits to Oxford & Cambridge universities
• Help with university applications
• A monthly newsletter
• Admission test preparation and mock interviews
• Careers / UCAS advice and presentations
• The chance to experience university life on the Cambridge University Shadowing Scheme
• Enrichment activities and societies to develop skills and support applications to prestigious institutions
• The opportunity to study for the Extended Project Qualification
There are also numerous opportunities for students to sign up for enrichment activities and societies within college which support students in their applications to prestigious institutions. Here are but a few...
What our students say...
"The High Achievers' Programme provides a constant stream of opportunties to get involved in, like the Cambridge Law Conference, where I went to lectures and basically lived as a law student for several days. This was an amazing experience that I'd definitely recommend! I've also really enjoyed doing my EPQ (mini dissertation) to research a law case. With the interview evenings here and the amazing support from my Law tutor with my Personal Statement I felt much more prepared for my uni interviews. After Carmel I'm going to study Law at Oxford and then I hope to become a Barrister." Rowena Machin, reading Law at Brasenose College, Oxford
For more information contact Nicola Newton, Head of High Achievers at Nicola@carmel.ac.uk
Follow our Twitter account @CarmelAchievers
Download High Achievers' brochure